We are currently looking for an Office and Facilities Manager for our upcoming new Manchester location to help lead the team in a fast-paced and collaborative agency/production environment.
Who are you?
Highly organised, highly motivated, and detail-oriented, self-starter who is passionate about creating a cohesive office environment to drive success of the larger team. Someone who is all about hustle, flexibility, and adaptability in an ever-evolving and growing office space.
The task at hand?
- Reception: Greet all guests upon arrival – the face of carrot.web
- Build and maintain relationships with Building Manager and Service Vendors
- Act as lead and liaison between the MAN office and our larger team of culture drivers at carrot.web to help build employee morale at an individual and office-wide level through coordination of events, surprises, etc. in the office. This includes managing budget.
- Oversee general maintenance and upkeep of the office space, including managing facility services (HVAC, cleaning service, trash removal…)
- Coordinate repairs when office appliances/equipment are not working – Contact vendor if there are problems with appliances. Notify IT about equipment issues.
- Ensure an accurate Emergency Action Plan is in place
- Monitor all safety equipment (fire extinguishers, first aid kits, AED cases, etc.) and ensure the office is following fire code and other safety requirements
- Facilitate building access/seating arrangements for employees in the MAN office and partner with office security to ensure processes and schedules are maintained
- Manage inventory of all office supplies and snacks/coffee
- Manage parking needs
- Explore and acquire extra parking spots when needed
- New hire greeting and set up
- Scheduling – book rooms when needed for client meetings or calls
- Handle all incoming and outgoing mail
- Handle miscellaneous admin tasks
- At least two years of previous experience in office management; retail background is a huge plus
- Great organisational skills and ability to multitask in a fast-paced setting
- Self-starter with a proactive approach to solving problems and establishing creative ideas
- Ability to work both independently, and as a part of a team
- Strong ability to partner with team leads across the office to address office concerns as needed
- Strong interest in mentorship and development of team members
- Experience in event planning also a plus
- Requires an ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds
- Occasional evening work when needed (i.e. office events)
- Mac and Google Apps experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent